Friday, August 12, 2016

Inversion

I am an Inversion
              birthed in contrariety
                   my soul somersaults
                        through surly
                             metastasis
This state of antagonism, 
              a disconsolate sufferance,
is a bitter essence
The mirror casts back my visage
              shapeless, undefined
                    a capricious vagabond
                           an eclipse of my youth
Lines in my face
             reconstruct lines in the sand
                       battle-lines, crossroads
                               with imperceptible agony
And the cold void
              between the missteps
                        is the reward
for being the Devil’s advocate
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home