Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Sober and Wiser

Verse 1

I remember when I was her fighter

Before the drink made me wanna fight her

The better man inside is all she’d see


But the beer, wine and the liquor

Are strange kind of mirror

Showing reflections of the dark side of me


Verse 2

I regret that first sip

When the bottle first touched my lips

I watched my self-control walk out the door


Jack, rum and tequila

Only left me trying to steal a-

nother shot, another empty pour


Verse 3

The morning sun revealed to me

I’m not the man I’m sposed to be

If you could even call me a man at all


But I guess it’s like the Bible says

The Lord works in mysterious ways

And pride always goes before a fall


Verse 4

But I’m sober and I’m wiser now

Just hoping that some way, somehow

She can help me hold on to the light

As long as I see her face

And hold on to her warm embrace

I know everything’ll be alright


chorus

I was raised

to be a good man

To raise my hands in prayer and work and nothing more

But I let the bottle

ruin my good plans

I’ll never see myself the same way, that’s for sure


alt

I was raised

to be a good man

To raise my hands in prayer and work and nothing more

My sweet woman

has given me another chance

I just can’t let her down, that’s for sure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home